We’re looking for several professionals to serve on our CareerConnect Advisory Committee.
We are inviting Rehabilitation Counselors, Teacher’s of the Visually Impaired, Transition Specialists and Employment Coordinator’s to apply to serve on our CareerConnect Advisory Committee. The goals of our CareerConnect Advisory Committee include:
- Collaborating on providing timely and relevant articles, blogs and resources for CareerConnect.
- Partnering and advisement on content delivery including career exploration, Pre employment Transition services, STEM, vocational training and university preparation for CareerConnect webinars and related media.
- Assisting in the development and recruitment of underserved populations and bringing these diverse voices to the APH ConnectCenter platform to learn and share from all perspectives on employment challenges and successes.
- Identification of additional job seeking tools and resources that will enrich the CareerConnect experience for the end user.
- Supporting our National Transition Conversation, our new quarterly platform for those working in the field of Transition and Pre Employment Career programming for blind and low vision teens and young adults.
The CareerConnect Advisory Committee will meet quarterly for up to 90 minutes per meeting.
We will kick off our first meeting on Thursday, December 3, 2020.
Interested candidates should submit a brief introduction that includes: your background, general knowledge of our CareerConnect content, and an idea or two that you would contribute to our platform if chosen to serve. Please email this information along with your full name, email address, and best number to reach you, should we need to get in touch outside of email..
Please email your interest to Richard Rueda, our APH CareerConnect Program Lead, by Friday, November 2020. If selected to participate, you will be notified on Monday, November 30. Thanks in advance for your interest.