Organization: South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Receive product, fill customer backorders, update order status, stock product shelves, and keep warehouse organized.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Pick merchandise from the distribution center and transport it to the shipping bay
2. Receive merchandise for return or delivery and verify its contents
3. Count and stock merchandise based on inventory control log
4. Identify damaged, lost or missing merchandise and notify supervisor immediately
5. Pack orders in an orderly manner and close cartons so they are prepared for shipping
6. Train and support new employees as they are on-boarded
7. Scan all containers to determine appropriate contents as well as end destination
8. Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
9. Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
10. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
11. Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
12. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
13. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. 1-2 yrs. previous warehouse experience preferred
2. Forklift knowledge and experience
3. Ability to lift objects of 10-50 lbs.
4. Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
5. Dependable and Reliable
6. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have good knowledge of receiving, and inventory management.
7. Must be flexible in schedule to meet customer demands.
8. Current state driver’s license and proof of insurability
STLB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.