Organization: Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: CONTRACT CLOSE-OUT SPECIALIST
* * ARE YOU LEGALLY BLIND AND SEEKING AN EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY? * *
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is seeking a talented, highly-motivated, legally-blind candidate to join the CABVI team as Contract Close-out Specialist. This position is part of a Contract Management Service (CMS) operation at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) in Dayton, Ohio.
ABOUT THE POSITION…
Contract Close-out Specialists work as part of a team of blind and low vision personnel to perform the day-to-day operations necessary to prepare federal government contracts to be “closed out.” The principal responsibilities of the position include:
- Completes contract close-out process by following standard operating procedures and instructions from the CMS Supervisor.
- Contacts agencies, manufacturers, and contractors to acquire written payment history through electronic or verbal means. Determines if obligated funds match required payment on the contract, or if there is an opportunity to de-obligate funds.
- Prepares closeout documents for Contracting Officer to review and approve
- Completes daily and weekly reports to track metrics throughout the close-out procedure.
- Performs administrative tasks include the use MS office, Access, Excel, Word and other programs in performance of job responsibilities.
Applicants interested in the Contract Close-out Specialist position should meet the following requirements:
- * * Applicants must be legally blind and a U.S. Citizen * *
- A four-year degree (B.S. or B.A.) is preferred, but applicants will also be considered with a two-year degree and equivalent on-the-job training and work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Proficiency with screen-magnification software, if needed (e.g. ZoomText).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to pass a rigorous background screen required of government contractors for security clearance.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from vibrant downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
For more information on CABVI, please visit our website at http://www.cincyblind.org
Known as The Birthplace of Aviation and so much more!, Dayton is home to the Wright Brothers, the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, the Wright family mansion Hawthorn Hill, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force (the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum and the state’s most visited free tourist attraction!), and Wright Patterson Air Force Base where scientists and engineers at the Air Force Research Laboratories are developing the latest in aerospace technology. Dayton/Montgomery County, located at one of the busiest crossroads of America, where I-75 north/south meets I-70 east/west, also boasts an international airport serviced by the major carriers. Accessible, affordable, Dayton/Montgomery County offers world-class attractions, diverse accommodations, fantastic arts and culture performances, beautiful parks with bike and recreation trails, a variety of sporting venues and events, plus fabulous shopping and dining.
HOW TO APPLY…
For consideration, please complete an application, attach a cover letter and a resume. You will find the application on our website, www.cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veterans employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.