Organization: Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: CONTRACT CLOSE-OUT SPECIALIST
* * ARE YOU LEGALLY BLIND AND SEEKING AN EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY? * *
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is seeking a talented, highly-motivated, legally-blind candidate to join the CABVI team as Contract Close-out Specialist. This position is part of a Contract Management Service (CMS) operation at the U.S. Marine Corps base in Quantico, VA.
ABOUT THE POSITION…
Contract Close-out Specialists work as part of a team of blind and low vision personnel to perform the day-to-day operations necessary to prepare federal government contracts to be “closed out.” The principal responsibilities of the position include:
- Completes contract close-out process by following standard operating procedures and instructions from the CMS Supervisor.
- Contacts agencies, manufacturers, and contractors to acquire written payment history through electronic or verbal means. Determines if obligated funds match required payment on the contract, or if there is an opportunity to de-obligate funds.
- Prepares closeout documents for Contracting Officer to review and approve
- Completes daily and weekly reports to track metrics throughout the close-out procedure.
- Performs administrative tasks include the use MS office, Access, Excel, Word and other programs in performance of job responsibilities.
ABOUT THE JOB QUALIFICATIONS…
Applicants interested in the Contract Close-out Specialist position should meet the following requirements:
- * * Applicants must be legally blind (with some vision) and a U.S. Citizen * *
- A four-year degree (B.S. or B.A.) is preferred, but applicants will also be considered with a two-year degree and equivalent on-the-job training and work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Proficiency with screen-magnification software, if needed (e.g. ZoomText).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to pass a rigorous background screen required of government contractors for security clearance.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from vibrant downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal leave and flexible scheduling. Relocation expenses reimbursed up to a cap.
For more information on CABVI, please visit our website at http://www.cincyblind.org
ABOUT QUANTICO …
Quantico is a town in Prince William County, Virginia, United States. The population was 480 at the 2010 census. Quantico is bordered by the U.S. military installation of Marine Corps Base Quantico on three sides and the Potomac River on the fourth. Quantico is the site of one of the largest U.S. Marine Corps bases, MCB Quantico. The base is the site of the Marine Corps Combat Development Command and HMX-1 (the presidential helicopter squadron), Officer Candidate School, and The Basic School. The United States Drug Enforcement Administration's training academy, the FBI Academy, the FBI Laboratory, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, the United States Army Criminal Investigation Command, and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations headquarters are on the base. A replica of the USMC War Memorial stands at the entrance to the base. Points of interest include the National Museum of the Marine Corp, Leesylvania State Park and Mallows Bay. The total driving distance from Washington, DC to Quantico, VA is 43 miles.
ABOUT HOW TO APPLY…
For consideration, please complete an application, attach a cover letter and a resume. You will find the application on our website, www.cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veterans employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.