Vision Rehabilitation Services
3830 South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
(770) 432 7280
Founded in 1983, VRS is accredited by the National Accreditation Council for agencies serving the blind and visually impaired. BLVS provides vision rehabilitation services individually, in the client's school, home or place of employment.
VRS uses a community based model; certified instructors provide training in the client's home, school or place of employment. VRS is fully accredited by the National Accreditation Council (NAC).
Kay Eller, Executive Director and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770 432 7280
Jeanne Pelosi, Low Vision Evaluations & Aids / Devices, email@example.com, 770 432 7280
Jen Williams, Operations and Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770 432 7280
- Offers individual and family counseling. Coordinates and consults with mental health and social service agencies.
- Employment/Job Training
- Coordinates with Division of Rehabilitation Services to provide pre-vocational training and vocational evaluation.
- Recreation Services
- Coordinates activities with other agencies.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, communications, independent living skills (services provided at center and in community environments).
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides individualized computer instruction ranging from beginning keyboard skills to advance use of adaptive software (JAWS, ZoomText, etc).
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Maintains a low vision clinic and offers community-based rehabilitation program in nearly 30 counties in north Georgia. This includes LV followup in the home and instruction in O&M, rehabilitation teaching, ILS and communication skills.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides training in braille.