Catholic Charities Services for Visually Impaired Persons
147 Schleigel Boulevard
Amityville, NY 11701
(631) 789 5215
Catholic Charities also provides food, housing, mental health, disabilities, chemical dependency, geriatric, disaster response, and HIV/AIDS services.
- Offers individual, group, family/parent, couple counseling and referral to community services and other counseling/social work services.
- Recreation Services
- Offers specialization program for the blind and visually impaired.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management and home management skills, remedial education, and sensory training in client's home and community. Refers for other rehabilitation services.
- Information and Referral
- Referral resources available to individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Sends intake person to speak at service centers about program in an effort to reach the elderly who are blind or legally blind.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.