Evansville Association for the Blind
500 North Second Avenue
Evansville, IN 47710
(812) 422 1181
The Evansville Association for the Blind is a not-for-profit organization incorporated as a workshop in the state of Indiana on April 13th, 1923. Today, the workshop is a community rehabilitation facility utilizing individual goals, wages, supportive services, and a controlled work environment to help vocationally handicapped persons achieve or maintain maximum potential as workers.
Krysti Hughes, Orientation and Mobility Specialist
Diane Hagler, Rehabilitation Department
Patti Elsperman, Parent and Infant Specialist
Karla Horrell, Executive Director
Carol Hudgions, Coordinator, Career Development Center
Patty Haas, Low Vision Center Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 812 422 1181 ext.106
- Offers evaluations; psychological testing and evaluations; individual, group, family/parent, couple counseling; placement in school, training, institution; and referral to community services.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, occupational skill development, sheltered workshops, placement, follow-up service.
- Recreation Services
- Offers special programs for persons over 55.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides remedial education and training in personal management and home management skills in client's home and community.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides orientation and mobility training through contracts with regional school corporations.
- Reading Services
- Operates cooperative program with local public radio station (WNIN-FM).
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides instruction in braille, handwriting, and typing.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up.
- Information and Referral
- Refers for some health services.
- Support Groups
- The low vision support group offers a variety of services to those with visual impairments.