Richard E. Hoover Rehabilitation Services for Low Vision and Blindness
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
6569 North Charles Street
Physicians Pavilion West Suite 504
Baltimore, MD 21204
(443) 849 2658
Dr. Janet Sunness specializes in low vision rehabilitation, retinal disease, clinical electrophysiology and visual function testing. Michelle Bianci, OTR/L, CLVT is a occupational therapist specializing in low vision needs.
Carol Applegate, COT, Research Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443 849 2784
Janet Sunness, Medical Director, email@example.com
Michelle Bianchi, Low Vision Occupational Therapist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443 849 2658
Judy Starling, Manager, email@example.com, 443 849 8081
- Professional Training
- Offers ophthalmology resident training in low vision.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in patient's environment by professionals certified in rehabilitation and orientation and mobility.
- Assistive Products
- Sells low vision devices such as magnifiers and telescopes (upon evaluation)and referral for CCTVs. The Hoover VIEW offers one-stop shopping for nonoptical devices such as writing guides, talking watches, pens, as well as a technology demonstration center offering public access to the latest electronic magnifiers. Products for sale on site.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
- Low Vision Services
- Performs low vision evaluations at Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
- In-Home Services
- Provides in-home functional evaluations which may include training in activities of daily living, lighting, safety, O&M as well as work-evaluations.
- Support Groups
- Holds share group meetings as scheduled.