Arizona Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
3100 East Roosevelt Street
Phoenix Arizona 1 85008
(602) 273 7411
The mission of the Arizona Center for the Blind and visually impaired is to promote independence, dignity, and full participation at home, at work, and in the community, to educate the general public regarding the capabilities and needs of individuals who are blind and visually impaired, and to facilitate acceptance of individuals who are blind and visually impaired throughout society, while working toward equalization of opportunity.
James La May, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Starlene Stewart, Information Technology Specialist, email@example.com
Virginia Thompson, Assistive Technology Director, Vthompson@acbvi.org
Frank Vance, Director, Rehabilitation Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistive Products
- Sells canes and a limited supply of aids and devices.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Educates the general public regarding blindness and visual impairment.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Can be arranged on a fee-for-service basis.
- Offers comprehensive counseling services for individuals, groups, and families.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers trainig to prepare a blind or visually impaired person to perform daily living skills safely and independently in any environment.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational rehabilitation through state contract.
- Health Services
- Offers diabetes education.
- Information and Referral
- Provides centralized intake and referrals to programs for seniors.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Internships available.
- Recreation Services
- Provides social recreation.
- Services for Seniors
- Offers services for seniors.
- Support Groups
- Offers support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M training.