Blind & Visually Impaired Center of Monterey County Inc
225 Laurel Avenue
Pacific Grove California 1 93950
(831) 649 3505
The mission of the Blind and Visually Impaired Center of Monterey County is to encourage and inspire people who are blind or visually impaired to transcend the loss of sight as independent, contributing members of society.
- Evaluates present needs and skill levels of clients.
- Assistive Products
- Optical aids such as pocket, handheld and stand magnifiers, loupes, binoculars, monoculars, and bioptics are available through the Low Vision Clinic.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides demonstration and training in the use of some assistive devices, such as video magnification systems, reading machines, computer software for screen magnification and screen reading.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides home-based instruction in daily living skills.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other information sources and services.
- Low Vision Devices
- Low Vision Rehabilitation Specialist provides training in the use of low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Devices available for demo, loan and sale. The Low Vision Service Coordinator provides training in the use of low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Provides in-service talks to train personnel who work with blind and visually impaired people. typically these are professionals working with seniors, such as those in senior living communities.
- Recreation Services
- Offers lunch and ceramics class on Tuesdays.
- Support Groups
- Holds a low vision support group the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Occasionally, cancelled. Please call to confirm time and date.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.