Cambria County Association for the Blind and Handicapped
211 Central Avenue
Johnstown Pennsylvania 1 15902
(814) 536 3531
The mission of the Cambria County Association for the Blind and Handicapped is to develop and support an environment for persons with disabilities which promotes vocational and employment training, independence, and community involvement through rehabilitative, recreation and low vision services, and education for the prevention of blindness. The Cambria County Association for the Blind and Handicapped unites vocational training and a manufacturing business producing quality products that offer employment for persons with disabilities while ensuring worldwide customer satisfaction.
Richard Bosserman, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides life skills evaluation.
- Provides social evaluation. Offers individual, group, family/parent, couple counseling and placement in school. Provides referral to community service or other counseling/social work services. Provides family and peer counseling for seniors.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers programs for vocational/skill development, pre-vocational skill development, social/personal development. Accepts emotionally disturbed, learning disabled, and mentally retarded persons. Provides training in skills of daily living and use of adaptive devices for seniors.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers pre-vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, occupational skill development, job retention, work centers. Provides vocational placement, follow-up service, personal work adjustment training.
- Health Services
- Prescribes and provides low vision devices, evaluates eye treatment or prescription, refers for other health services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services to community.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision services for seniors. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Recreation Services
- Offers arts and crafts activities and hobby groups. Refers for other recreational services.
- Services for Seniors
- Transportation Services
- Provides transportation services for seniors.