CNIB Foundation: British Columbia and Yukon DIvision
201 - 610 6th Street
New Westminster British Columbia Canada V3L 3C2
(604) 431 2121
CNIB is a registered charity, passionately providing community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life.
Andrea Gronfeldt, Executive Director, email@example.com, 604 431 2121 ext.6031
John Mulka, Regional Vice President Western Canada , firstname.lastname@example.org, 604 431 2121 ext.6020
- Provides professional low vision assessments, as well as for vocational, rehabilitative and safe travel techniques.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers a Braille Literacy Summer Program.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Available to professionals working with individuals living with vision loss
- Counseling services available.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Develops and offers personalized program integrating counseling, training and access to services designed to meet each individual's specific goals and maximize their quality of life regardless of level of vision. Life-skills training includes safe and effective methods of cooking, household duties, personal care and banking.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers employment counseling, career development, referral to on-the-job training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services.
- Library Services
- Provides library services for Canadians living with vision loss.
- Reading Services
- Provides volunteers for home-based reading services of local or other newspapers.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Teaches safe travel techniques that allow people to remain active and engaged in the daily activities of life, including shopping, fitness programs and recreational activities.