Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind
1825 K Street, NW
Washington District of Columbia 1 20006
(202) 454 6400
Since 1900, Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind (CLB) has been dedicated to helping the blind or visually impaired population of the greater Washington region overcome the challenges of vision loss.
CLB provides programs and services to people of all ages who are blind or visually impaired, regardless of ability to pay.
Jocelyn Hunter, Director of Communications, email@example.com, 202 454 6422
- Assistive Products
- Distributes assistive technology software, screen magnification software, CCTVs, scanning and voice recognition solutions, portable notetakers, braille displays and translations, and tactile imaging.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Education series offered for schools, churches, civic groups and corporations.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides assessments, evaluations, installation, customization, support, and training on a wide variety of assistive technology.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in adaptive skills, independent living skills, braille, and keyboarding. Older Adult Program offers mini-rehabilitation programs, support, recreational, and social activities.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers pre-vocational evaluation, occupational skill development, vocational training, job retention, job retraining, vocational placement. Refers for other employment services. Assistive Technology classes include keyboarding, screen magnifiers and readers, portable notetakers, braille displays, scanners, CCTVs and software training.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Provides training in the use of adaptive equipment.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships and student teaching in orientation and mobility, rehabilitation, and counseling.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Offers parent and family support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.