Florida Outreach Center for the Blind
2315 S. Congress Avenue
West Palm Beach Florida 1 33406
(561) 642 0005
Established in 2003 by visually impaired persons, the Florida Outreach Center for the Blind is the only full-service training facility of its kind in Palm Beach County. Classes provide, at no charge, instruction in Braille, Electronic Communications, Daily Living Skills, Cooking, and Personal and Home Management.
The Center also hosts weekly support groups, craft classes, workshops on a variety of topics, and an extensive variety of aids and appliances for hands-on inspection. The Center's Equipment Loan Program enables clients to have adaptive technology, which they otherwise could not afford. It also offers blind individuals access to a Talking Books inventory.
Carolyn Lapp, Director
- Assistive Products
- Center’s Equipment Loan Program enables clients to have adaptive technology which they otherwise could not afford. It also offers blind individuals access to a Talking Books inventory.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides braille instruction.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills, cooking, and personal and home management.
- Support Groups
- Hosts weekly support groups.