Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Training Center
1541 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo Michigan USA 49008
(269) 337 3848
BSBP Training Center-skills of blindness training for those who are legally blind.
- Evaluates for computer skills, employment, communication skills.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides computer training on site.
- Offers social evaluations; individual, group, family/parent counseling. Refers for other counseling/social work services. Contracts for psychological services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, braille, communications, handwriting, listening skills, keyboarding, video magnifier, home management, industrial arts, adaptive kitchen skills, and other skills.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers pre-vocational evaluation, vending facility training.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information about blindness to consumers and the general public.
- Library Services
- Maintains library of braille books, large print books, braille magazines, recorded magazines. Loans out talking book record players and cassette players.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in industrial arts, orientation and mobility, rehabilitation counseling, social work, vocational rehabilitation and regular in-service training program. Offers modified short-term or summer training.
- Recreation Services
- Offers arts and crafts, hobby groups, instruction and/or assistance for any student activity. Refers to community programs for other recreational services.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.