Ohio Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled
17121 Lake Shore Boulevard
Cleveland Ohio 1 44110-4006
(216) 623 2911
Will Reed, Librarian, Will.Reed@cpl.org
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Administers Braille Read Together, a program matching braille readers with youth learning braille.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Administers 19 satellite adaptive technology sites in public library branches. Small assistive devices such as magnifiers are available for loan at all 29 facilities.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides training to anyone who needs to learn how to use adaptive technology. Demonstrates equipment to general public interested in knowing more about access to information for all patrons.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information by telephone, mail and training in the use of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, JAWS, ZoomText,Magic, etc.
- Library Services
- Provides talking books, talking book machines. audiocassettes, and braille books for blind and physically handicapped persons. Training in the use of computer technology.<p> Helps individuals gain access to information, both electronic and standard print. The Cleveland Public Library has strategically placed adaptive computer technology which patrons with disabilities may use free-of-charge to access the Internet or word-processing programs. Instruction on the use of these items is available free-of-charge.
- Services for Seniors
- Provides on-site and on-line book discussion group. Parent agency maintains senior web site with informational links.