Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind
7915 Lindley Avenue
Reseda California 1 91335
(818) 708 1740
Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind (TLC) is a not-for-profit agency providing programs and services for individuals who have multiple disabilities, including blindness.
Karen Brown, Director, Adult Day Programs, KBrown@tlc4blind.org
Cyndi McAuley, Executive Director, email@example.com
- Offers Individual Program Planning that involves an assessment and goal-setting process by an Interdisciplinary Team (ID Team) within a person-centered approach.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in such areas as computers, daily living skills, gardening, music, vocational skills, and communication.
- In-Home Services
- TLC's twelve community homes provide comfortable, friendly and family environments with staff supervision. It is perfect for men and women over the age of 21 who have visual impairments and multiple disabilities and who would like to live with others while receiving ongoing support in many areas of daily living. Homes are immaculately maintained and range from 6 to 12 residents, with most having one roommate each. Living arrangements are determined by many factors such as an individual's level of social activity, independent living capabilities and home capacity. Our residential community homes, supervised by a live-in care provider, and staffed around the clock 24/7, are designed to be long-term living arrangements.
- Recreation Services
- Recreation services are integral to all of TLC's programs and include art, music, swimming, horseback riding, and community-based activities.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.