Visually Impaired Center
1422 W. Court Street
Flint Michigan 1 48503
(810) 235 2544
The Visually Impaired Center is committed to developing resources and collaborative programs, as well as providing services that enable independent life for people with vision loss.
Kate Bugbee, Fund Development Marketing Manager , firstname.lastname@example.org, 810 235 2544
Leanne Ford, Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist, email@example.com, 810 235 2544
Sharon Reigle, Executive Director
- Provides social work assessment.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille classes, Grade I and II.
- Offers assessment and referral needed for services including peer support group, rehabilitation teaching, orientation and mobility, computer instruction.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- VIC provides training in personal management, braille, handwriting, home management, and orientation and mobility skills. VIC also offers instruction in diabetes self-management including insulin measurement, blood glucose monitoring and cooking classes. Computer classes are also available.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides training in job retention, job retraining, computer instruction. Refers for other employment-oriented services.
- Offers an extensive diabetes self-management program for blind and visually impaired persons with diabetes.
- Health Services
- Offers educational program for blind diabetics.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships, field placements for social work (BA and MSW), and orientation and mobility.
- Recreation Services
- Refers for recreational services.