CareerConnect®: For Job Seekers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
Expanding Employment Possibilities for People with Vision Loss
Welcome to CareerConnect, an employment information service offered by the American Printing House for the Blind for job seekers who are blind or visually impaired. CareerConnect provides employment information, career exploration tools, and job seeking guidance for individuals with vision loss and the professionals who work with them.
Employment Resources for Job Seekers with Blindness or Low Vision
- Explore Jobs for Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Develop a Resume or Personal Data Sheet
- Prepare for a Job Interview
- Disclose a Visual Impairment to a Potential Employer
- Improve Employment Outcomes by Utilizing Career-Related Lesson Plans
Register with CareerConnect to Access Online Job Search Tools
CareerConnect provides free access to a variety of fully accessible employment and portfolio-building tools and exercises that will support you in your job search. The employment materials you develop through CareerConnect will be saved to your account. The exercises and interactive features are all friendly to screen readers and screen magnifiers developed for people who are blind or have low vision.
Once registered, you can:
- Take Advantage of the Job Seeker’s Toolkit
- Learn About “Maintaining Employment and Advancing Your Career”
- Create an Online Resume Through the Fully Accessible Resume Builder
- Build a Personal Data Sheet to Help Fill Out Job Applications